Damian Hopkins is a highly accomplished entrepreneur and respected business leader with over 20 years’ experience working within the fashion & brand sector. Extensive first-hand experience across the business spectrum, including, manufacturing, sourcing, retail, online, licensing, franchising across the world including UK / Europe, Asia, North America, MENA, & APAC.
- Founder and CEO of The Radius Group, which is a brand licensing management business and brand incubation business that also invests in early-stage fashion brands to accelerate their growth.
- Established, built and sold two full-service vendor businesses in the apparel & manufacturing sector, owning factories in both Bangladesh & Sri Lanka supplying men's, ladies, kids and babywear to global retailers and brands.
- A director of £1bn+ UK retail business where he created and developed the international retail arm opening more than 50 large stores in 13 countries in 5 years.
- He has developed and executed numerous global licensing strategies within the fashion, lifestyle & home category for celebrities, designers and brands including the Kardashians, Robbie Williams, Julien MacDonald OBE, Nicole Farhi, Wolsey , Lipsy and Elizabeth Emanuel, generating significant new top line revenues, increasing the brand IP value, as well as creating bottom-line profits for these brands.
- Over the last 10 years he has generated in excess of £1bn in retail revenue for third party brands and retailers that he has represented.
- Multiple Business awards including British Export award, numerous supplier awards and brand licensing awards.
- Hopkins is the Co Chair of the Retail Trust Ambassadors and is the current President of the exclusive retail club The Twenty Club.
- An active advocate of ethical and sustainable sourcing since 2009, Hopkins launched one the first fully accredited ‘Fairtrade Cotton’ supply chains. Also, in 2009 he was an early adopter of using recycled polyester for garment manufacturing.
- In recognition of his work, he has recently been appointed by the sustainable organization ‘Products of Change’ as their retail ambassador.