Retailer of the Year (£30m-£100m turnover) - Drapers Awards
This award recognises a multiple fashion retailer operating in the UK and/or Ireland with an annual turnover of between £30m and £100m.
Judges will be looking for clear demonstration of resilience and agility during the coronavirus pandemic, including a flexible business model and strategy, and evidence of innovation. The winning retailer will be able to show how it has supported its staff, suppliers and other partners through the exceptional circumstances of the past 18 months, while maintaining focus on the core pillars of successful fashion retailing – such as offering excellent, well-targeted product; outstanding customer service; and authentic marketing and communication.
Standout entries will also talk about key values such as diversity and sustainability, and how these are woven into the wider strategy.
You should be able to show a strong multichannel/digital approach, but please note that pureplay etailers are not eligible for this category and should instead enter Pureplay of the Year.
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- How have you adapted your strategy to protect both the business and the people you employ?
- How have you worked with suppliers to ensure both continuity and fair treatment of workers in the supply chain throughout the pandemic?
- Is your product strong in terms of value for money, breadth, quality and relevance?
- Are your proposition and marketing clearly differentiated from competitors’?
- Is your business a great retailer to work for?
- What are you doing to promote greater diversity in the workplace?
- What progress has been made against your internal sustainability goals?